LinkedIn is a social network for business communication, employee search, and open vacancies. But you probably already know this if you are interested in how to download contacts from LinkedIn profile.
The list of your LinkedIn friends probably includes essential colleagues from different workplaces and HR-s of various companies. Therefore, if, for some reason, you decided to delete your account, you should take care to stay in touch with all these people and save your network of professional connections.
How to do it? There is only one way of downloading LinkedIn contacts, read on to know!
How to Export LinkedIn Contacts to Excel?
The easiest and most convenient way is to export LinkedIn contacts to Excel 2017. This way, you can export the main information of each person: full name, current employer, and work position. Here is the instruction:
- Log in to your LinkedIn profile (using email and password).
- Click on the “My Network” symbol, which is located at the top bar of your homepage.
- In the upper left corner, you will find “Your connections” sidebar, click on “See all” option.
- Now in the upper right corner, you will see a “Manage synced and imported contacts” button – click on it.
- In the right corner, you will find “Advanced actions” and “Export contacts” option under it. It would help if you tapped it.
- A new tab opens automatically. Wait for it.
- Click on the blue button “Request archive,” which is located at the bottom of the page.
- Enter your LinkedIn profile password.
- You can close this page and open your email inbox.
- In a few minutes, you will receive an email with a link where you can download your file of contacts.
- Open this link and download LinkedIn contacts to excel (it will stay active for the next 3 days).
- Open the downloaded excel file and make sure that it contains all your contacts.
As you can see, export LinkedIn contacts to excel will take you no more than 5 minutes. The file is automatically downloaded in Excel format, so you do not need to make changes or configurations. However, as practice shows, not all users receive a list with email addresses of contacts.
How to Contact Recruiters on LinkedIn
How to Block People on LinkedIn
How Do I Get Emails of My LinkedIn Contacts?
Increasingly, LinkedIn began to reduce the ability to save contacts with email addresses. Why is this happening? Because in this way, there is a high probability that you will leave the social network and delete your account forever.
Also, the social network protects its users from spam or scam by prohibiting export LinkedIn contacts with email. In other words, participants can control their personal information and be more secure.
You can download LinkedIn contacts with email using the instruction above.
In the excel list, you will see the emails of those contacts that allowed to download them in the privacy settings. Logically, those who are forbidden to share their email will not be displayed in the list.
How to Download LinkedIn Contacts?
Above, we described the only way that you can use to download all the contacts from your profile at once. Of course, you can create the word or txt file and do it manually, but it will take a lot of time, especially if you have an extensive list of connections.
However, this method is convenient because you can record more critical information about important contacts and manually add an email address or even phone numbers.
Lastly, we want to give you advice. Download your LinkedIn contacts right away and keep the saved file on your computer. Do this even if you do not wish to delete your account.
This way, you can keep your connection even if you lose access to the social network. Do not risk your list of friends, which you have been collected for many years.
How to Delete an Old LinkedIn Profile